Surprising Facts About Video Game Consoles
The background of computer game consoles is cluttered with greater than its share of ups and also downs– and downright peculiarities.
Below are some facts concerning video gaming that you might not know about:
- The first effective house console was released in 1972 by Magnavox. It was called the Magnavox Odyssey and it cost $100. It could just create black-and-white graphics yet it sold around 300,000 systems.
- The original Xbox was made to be a completely various console before Expense Gates recommended it become an add-on for Windows 95 rather than a stand-alone device.
- In Japan, Nintendo’s Video game Boy marketed over 80 million units between 1989 and 2003, making it the most popular handheld console ever to be sold.
- In 1976, Atari launched Pong, one of the initial arcade games ever made. Its success began the entire computer game sector. By 1979 there were greater than 10 million residence consoles being generated worldwide.
- Sony has actually sold even more units than Microsoft in the last 7 years, yet Microsoft has sold even more total units in general.
- In 1985, Nintendo released the Nintendo Home Entertainment System (NES), which came to be a huge success because of its popularity in Japan and North America. Nintendo is still releasing brand-new versions of the NES today!
- Nintendo possesses the rights to a lot of Pokemon games yet doesn’t really make Pokemon video games any longer.
- The initial PlayStation had 2 variations: one featured 3D graphics and also went on to end up being the PlayStation 2, while the other featured 2D graphics and became the PlayStation 1 after Sony determined to release a new console as opposed to repair its opponent’s troubles (which were large at this moment). The PlayStation 1 is still being marketed today (in Japan just).